Benefits of High Intensity Interval Training
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- MacInnis M, Gibala M. Physiological adaptations to interval training and the role of exercise intensity. J Physiol. 2017; 595 (9): 2915-2930.
- Science Daily. High intensity interval training rapidly improves diabetics’ glucose metabolism 2017. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/04/170407103559.htm. Accessed September 16, 2018.
- Francois M, Little J. Effectiveness and safety of high intensity interval training in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Spectrum. 2015; 28 (1): 39-44.
- Cedars-Sinai. Endothelial Function Testing. https://www.cedars-sinai.org/programs/heart/clinical/womens-heart/services/endothelial-function-testing.html. Accessed September 16, 2018.
- Sim A, Wallman K, Fairchild T, Guelfi K. Effects of high-intensity intermittent exercise training on appetite regulation. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2015; 47 (11): 2441-2449.